28 February 2020

Book Beginning: Winesburg, Ohio by Sherwood Anderson


Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader. We share the first sentence (or so) of the book we are reading, along with our initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires.

The Writer, an old man with a white mustache, had some difficulty in getting into bed. The windows of the house in which he lived were high and he wanted to look at the trees when he awoke in the morning. A carpenter came to fix the bed so that it would be on a level with the window.


Since I live in Ohio now, I thought it was time I read this famous book from a son of Ohio. Rather than a regular novel, it is a series of connected stories. I don't have any idea what it's about and I'm looking forward to finding out.


No comments:

Post a Comment