17 January 2020

Book Beginning: The Mountains of Paris by David Oates


Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader. Share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires.

By the time I reached the cemetery on its bluff south of town, the fog had disappeared and the beginnings of sunrise were lighting up the horizon. I had spent all night walking, praying, and crying,

I found this memoir last November when it was featured on the Rose City Reader's Teaser Tuesday meme. Gilion, who lives in Portland, often features Oregon authors and publishers on her blog and "The Mountains of Paris: How Awe and Wonder Rewrote My Life" is published by the Oregon State University Press. I'm not really sure what to expect, but I love Paris so I think it will interest me.

No comments:

Post a Comment