29 November 2019

Book Beginning: The Yellow Birds by Kevin Powers

http://www.rosecityreader.com/


Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader. Share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires.

The war tried to kill us in the spring.



I approach this book with caution and a bit of fear. It is definitely out of my comfort zone; if I want sad stories, I just watch or read the news. However my library book club is reading this, so I am trying to be a team player by reading it and showing up. It's a small club.

The blurb tells me Mr. Powers is a veteran of the Iraq war and a poet. I am hoping for the best - no nightmares.

No comments:

Post a Comment