19 April 2019
Classics Club Spin #20
It's Classics Club Spin time again! Each Clubber has a personal list of 50-100 classic books that we have chosen to be our challenge list. For the Spin we pick 20 of those titles and put them into a numbered list. On April 23rd the Club moderators will draw a number from 1 to 20 and we have to read that book on our list by the end of May and report back to the Club.
So here's my list! I want to read them all, but I've wanted to read "A Tree G rows in Brooklyn" for ages, so I'm hoping for #10.
1. Greenwillow, B.J. Chute 1956
2. The Dubliners, James Joyce (1914)
3. Little Women, Louisa May Alcott (1869)
4. Ethan Frome, Edith Wharton (1911)
5. The Autobiography of Alice B Toklas, Gertrude Stein (1933)
6. Candide, Voltaire (1759)
7. Giles Goat Boy, John Barth (1966)
8. Wives and Daughters, Elizabeth Gaskell (1864)
9. Elizabeth Gaskell, May Barton (1848)
10. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Betty Smith (1943)
11. Three Men in a Boat, Jerome K. Jerome (1889)
12. Things Fall Apart, Chinua Achebe (1958)
13. The Reef, Edith Wharton (1912)
14. The Moonstone, Wilkie Collins (1868)
15. The Woman in White, Wilkie Collins (1859)
16. Lucky Jim, Kingsley Amis (1954)
17. The Innocents Abroad, Mark Twain (1869)
18. Enemies, A Love Story, Isaac Bashevis Singer (1966)
19. Main Street, Sinclair Lewis (1920)
20. Howards End, E. M. Forster (1910)
Ready for Spin!
UPDATE: The spin is #19, so I'm reading Main Street by Sinclair Lewis!
Red Pottage Mary Cholmondeley Amazon Digital Services, 2012 originally published by Edward Arnold, 1899 252 pages in the paperback versi...
Every Frenchman Has One Olivia de Havilland Penguin Random House, 2016 143 pages This is an amusing little book of short pieces by Olivia de...
Book Beginnings is a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader . We share the first sentence (or so) of the book we are reading, along with o...